The bible is a hard book to dive into since there are so many chapters and when you start from Genesis you tend to get lost very quickly. I have always had trouble reading my bible without dozing off, ending up on my phone, or getting bored. I have a few tips that have helped me!
- Start in the New Testament: I suggest starting with the book of James since it sums up a lot of Jesus` teachings but is short and quick to catch on. After you read James I suggest moving to the gospel which is Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- Notes: Have a notepad that goes along with what you read. When I write notes whether it’s for me or church I feel that it puts me in a spot of motivation to understand and plot stuff down.
- Pray: Before you read and after you read pray! I have found it very helpful to ask God for help understanding the words I read and help t guide myself throughout the bible. The Lord never fails to help lead you throughout the bible.
- Highlight/underline: Highlighting the important words and scripture you guide through the bible and almost help you read longer because once you get interested you don’t want to stop reading.
- Quite place: When you have any time to spend with the Lord you should always choose a quiet place to focus without distractions for you can give him 5 minutes of your time and our all of it out to him.
I hope this helped some! Be free the email me if you need any help being guided through scripture! I am always opened to talk as well!
God loved you and so do I! xo:)